This visa is for people who are married, engaged, or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen and want to live with their partner in Australia. All couples, regardless of the nature of their relationship will apply for the same partnership visa, either the 309 offshore or 820 onshore spouse visa. Depending on the category of your relationship, will depend on the evidence that you need to show to support your application.

Typically the partner is granted a 2 year provisional visa and at the end of the 2 year period, if the relationship is still ongoing a permanent visa is granted (subclass 100 or 801 respectively).

General requirements for Australian partner visas are:

The sponsor of the applicant must be an Australian permanent resident, Australian citizen, or eligible New Zealand citizen. Both the applicant and the sponsor must be aged over 18 years. The applicant must be married to or in a relationship with the sponsoring partner for at least 12 months. A satisfactory proof that the relationship or the marriage is genuine, e.g. that you live together, that the relationship is strong and there is mutual commitment. This happens usually by attending an interview and providing documentation including photos, joint bank statements etc.

Please contact Glory Consultancy for further information on Partner Visas.